[odc-discuss] ODbL /BY-SA

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Mon Jul 26 21:30:50 UTC 2010

Hello to the list.

I have a newbie question about the ODbL that I hope it's OK to ask here.

If I produce a BY-SA work from DbCL-covered data in an ODbL-covered
database (I assume this is allowed by DbCL 2.1) is the resulting work a
Produced Work under the terms of the ODbL?

If so, how does clause 4.6 of the ODbL ("If You Publicly Use a
Derivative Database or a Produced Work from a Derivative Database, You
must also...") not clash with BY-SA 3.0 Generic 8e ("This License
constitutes the entire agreement...") for downstream users of the
Produced Work?

If not why not? :-)

Thanks.

- Rob Myers.