[odc-discuss] Copyright status of OSM map data

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Fri Dec 16 11:09:41 UTC 2011

Richard, you raise some good points, but rather than us non-lawyers going over
them on a mailing list (which does not have a good track record of resolving
disputes) it might be a good idea to go back to the two attorneys and check
that they have fully considered these points.  I know you're busy but maybe you'd
like to participate in a conference call?

About the ODbL, I am always careful to mention that it has other features and
motivations beyond the desire to enforce share-alike better.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>