[odc-discuss] questions regarding ODC-BY

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Mon Jan 17 20:33:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>wrote:

> On 17 January 2011 19:08, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >> 1) Is there a german translation for the ODC-BY?
> >> 2) I don't understand why on this site
> >> http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/by/summary/
> >> the attribution points to the ODbL? I thought they were two
> >> (completely) different licenses? Or is it a mistake?
> >> The sentence is "You must attribute any public use of the database, or
> >> works produced from the database, in the manner specified in the ODbL.
> >
> > Regarding these questions I hope that someone else on this list can
> answer it better than me.
>
> This is a typo and has been corrected. Apologies for any confusion.

Similarly, there's still a reference to ODbL near the top of
http://www.opendatacommons.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/odc_by_1.0_public_text.txt

Pointed out in
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-discuss/2010-June/007309.html

I think other bugs mentioned there taken care of, but I haven't looked
closely in some time.

Mike

--
https://creativecommons.net/ml