[odc-discuss] ODbL statement in Linked Data?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 22 16:30:11 UTC 2011

On 22 June 2011 11:37, Jo Walsh <jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have agreement to license a set of historic place-name and location data
> under ODbL - it is published as "linked data" e.g. RDF - are there
> recommendations for how to state licensing for the contents of a URI in RDF?

Mike's advice is really good. You could also use dc:rights here i.e.

<subject> http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/rights <license-uri>

As a license uri use:

<http://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0>

One last question: are you licensing an individual 'statement' in RDF
or a whole RDF file/dataset? In latter case interested to know what
uri you are using to designate the dataset?

Rufus

Rufus