[odc-discuss] Future Open data project - help with licenses

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou b.ooghe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:38:07 UTC 2011

Dear Guido,

Coming from France where ODbL is being adopted by more and more users
and collectivites, it is a big debate with pros and cons as well as
for softwares, but I don't believe there are any issues for you
releasing the data in ODbL. As I understand it, both commercial
examples you're presenting have to reshare all the data if they
provide a service with it, but i'm no jurist either...
Also I'm not sure at which point they are eyet, but I understand OSM
is shifting progressively to ODbL so no worries in this matter.

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou from Regards Citoyens