[odc-discuss] Job offer: Webmaster/Drupal Expert for the Land Portal project
laura.meggiolaro at landportal.info
Tue Sep 25 13:45:27 UTC 2012
The International Land Coalition is seeking for a skilled and highly
motivated Webmaster/Drupal Expert to support the Land Portal Initiative.
The Land Portal <http://landportal.info/node/4154/edit> – facilitated by
the International land Coalition <http://www.landcoalition.org/> (ILC) is
the global gateway for land related information, aggregating information on
land from multiple sources and building a specialized community of land
experts from civil society organizations, governmental and
intergovernmental institutions and academia. It is the result of a
partnership <http://landportal.info/sponsors> of many organizations.
We are looking for a freelance (contract) experienced Drupal Developer to
help in the on-going support and enhancing of an existing Drupal project.
1. Diploma of completed studies at university level on Engineering,
Mathematics, Computer Science or related matters.
2. Have a strong experience in developing websites using Drupal CMS
with a proven experience as a Drupal custom themer and administrator
3. Have at least 2 years of experience in web design (html, css,
4. Knowledge of MYSQL
6. knowledge of server management (LAMP stock + Webmin) is desirable
7. Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential;
of French and/or Spanish is desirable.
8. Strong interest in land and rural development issues.
9. Have authorization to work in EU countries.
10. Graphic design skills are desirable
*The ideal candidate will: *
- be able to work carefully, accurately and reliably;
- be a team player, able to work independently within a defined
- proactively approach the daily challenges which arise;
- have worked in an international environment;
- be interested in open data and open knowledge type of projects.*
1. *Qualitative and quantitative open data integration*: In close
coordination with the LP coordinator, the consultant will support external
data integration. The consultant will liaise directly with third-party
technical personnel, as well as conceptualize, develop and deploy
integration mechanisms. Fine tune the integration of resources already
integrated and make them functional and consistent with the overall LP
layout. The consultant will support partner organizations in developing
specific web services, APIs and land focussed RSS Feeds to be integrated
into the LP. A special Drupal module to manage APIs is to be installed.
2. *Maps *: Maps integration into Drupal CMS (i.e. http://gaez.fao.org/
3. Fix and enhance website Drupal functionalities (this will involve
the re-writing of Drupal modules when necessary), including the
notification system, organic group function, search engine function
(including the creation of a specific search engine for external databases),
management of spam, and others. Update and upgrade existing Drupal
functionalities. Ensure the proper functioning of the website (quality,
speed, professionalism), administration of the database, and maintenance of
the websites at the server, content and software level, including any code
optimisation duties. Resolve any maintenance or server issues as needed.
4. After a proper assessment, migrate web content into the new
5. Land Portal website regular management and upgrading including
management of users, taxonomy gardening. Monitor users traffic on Google
Analytics and suggest technical solutions to increase visibility and
website referencing. Send out the monthly update (manually) and monthly web
statistic reports (automatic).
6. Support the design and implementation of new topic pages in
collaboration with partner organizations. Act as technical support for all
web design tasks and updating of content on the websites.
7. Support the design and implementation of comprehensive country
pages (in close collaboration with Tactical Tech and an ad hoc working
group to be set up).
8. Perform other duties as required.
The consultant will be working at ILC c/o IFAD HQs in Rome under the direct
supervision of the Land Portal Coordinator in coordination with ILC
This position will be staffed on a part time consultancy (freelance) basis
between October 2012, to January 2013 with the possibility of renewal.
Salary will depend on experience. Candidates wishing to be considered for
this work should send their CV and a letter of motivation to: Laura
Meggiolaro – Land Portal Coordinator laura.meggiolaro at landportal.info*. *
Deadline *October 1st*
Laura Meggiolaro | Land Portal Coordinator,
International Land Coalition Secretariat at IFAD | Via Paolo di Dono, 44 |
+39 06 5459 2736 (T) | +39 3371246461 (M) | laura_meggiolaro (skype)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the odc-discuss