[odc-discuss] Sunlight Foundation`s new international program

Julia Keserű jkeseru at sunlightfoundation.com
Tue Feb 12 15:46:30 UTC 2013

*(Sorry for cross-posting.)*
*

Hello everybody,

After several years of working in the Hungarian transparency community, I
have recently moved to Washington, DC to join Sunlight
Foundation<http://sunlightfoundation.com/>and coordinate their new
international program. I am truly honored by the
opportunity and thrilled to let you know that this fascinating organization
has decided to deepen their involvement in the global transparency
movement.

As part of its international program, Sunlight plans to push broad
initiatives that are helping to define how open government works globally,
developing the capacity of its NGO allies throughout the world, catalyzing
future work by building research and evidence that support their
priorities, and serving as a hub in the network of international
transparency practitioners. Our major focus areas for the next coming years
are legislative transparency where Sunlight has already taken a leading
role in creating and coordinating a
forum<http://www.openingparliament.org/>for national Parliamentary
Monitoring Organizations (PMOs), influence/money
in politics and the transparency of political finance, and open data in
general, where Sunlight plans to join with other groups to pursue
meaningful transparency and accountability from open data.

At this stage, I would really appreciate if you shared your stories,
projects and challenges directly with me or just reach out to me if you
think that Sunlight`s international program may be of any relevance to you.

I'm really looking forward to working with all of you!

Best,
Júlia Keserű*

--
Júlia Keserű