[ogd-fr] data.gouv.fr released tomorrow, with mainly proprietary files

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou b.ooghe at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 21:20:28 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

The official French OpenData platform will be released tomorrow morning:
http://data.gouv.fr

We've had some exclusive insights on its content and published a
preanalysis on our website (for french readers):
http://www.regardscitoyens.org/opendata-la-moyenne-pour-un-data-gouv-fr-sous-formats-proprietaires/

Basically we give the platform a 2.5 grade on the Tim Berner's Lee 5
stars scale, since the platform will host mainly XLS closed files
Among 500 datasets should be listed, including about 100 which were
previously pdf or html only, and about 40 exclusive previously
unavailable data.
Some budget data is included, most of the data comes from Secretaries
of Education, Agriculture, Work, Ecology and Culture.

Good night!

Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou for Regards Citoyens