[ogdcamp] Introduction: Romain Lacombe, data.gouv.fr

LACOMBE Romain romain.lacombe at pm.gouv.fr
Wed Aug 3 13:22:16 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'm joining the list at Jonathan's invitation. Thank you for including me, and for your work organising the camp.

A few words about me : I am working for Prime Minister François Fillon as part of Etalab, the Open Data initiative of the French Government, which will release our platform data.gouv.fr at the end of the year.

I'm specifically tasked on the team with innovative uses of Open Data and our international exchanges. I have an engineering and economics background from MIT, and launched a startup in Silicon Valley (mobile geolocation, between '08 and '10) before joining Etalab.

I'm very happy to be an ongoing point of contact for Etalab and for France regarding OGDCamp. I attended last year's event and have kept very fond memories - given the flurry of activity in the Open Data world happening these days, we can truly hope for an outstanding year !

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,

Romain

--
Romain Lacombe
Chargé de l'innovation et du développement

Etalab, data.gouv.fr
Secrétariat Général du Gouvernement
32 rue de Babylone
75007 Paris