[ogdcamp] Welcome to OGDCamp list! :-)

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Jul 5 14:11:56 UTC 2011

This is a new public list for planning/organising Open Government Data
Camp 2011. I'd be grateful if everyone on it could read and digest
this initial welcome message - so we all know what is going on. ;-)

People on this list currently include:

  * Sören Auer, Universität Leipzig (Leipzig)
  * Kat Braybrooke, OKF (London)
  * Lucy Chambers, OKF (Cambridge)
  * Daniel Dietrich, OKF (Berlin)
  * Hauke Johannes Gierow, OKF (Berlin)
  * Jonathan Gray, OKF (Berlin/London)
  * Jason Kitcat, OKF (Brighton)
  * Theodora Middleton, OKF (London)
  * Igor Ostrowski, Centrum Cyfrowe (Poland)
  * Rufus Pollock, OKF (Cambridge)
  * Alek Tarkowski, Centrum Cyfrowe (Poland)

A few housekeeping things:

  * If others join this list - please encourage them to introduce
themselves. We want to keep this list small, focused and friendly - so
everyone knows who everyone else and what role they are playing.
  * We're going to start regular planning calls on Tuesdays at 1300
CEST. These will initially be for the core organising team, which will
consist of Daniel, Hauke, Jonathan, Lucy, and whoever will be joining
us from Centrum Cyfrowe. Others will join on a case by case basis.
  * By default we should use this list for all planning stuff that can
be made public. This is a public list - and anyone will be able to
join up and see the archives. Hence please do not mention anything
which you or others may not wish to be publicly archived (e.g.
unconfirmed sponsorship, unconfirmed funding, comments of a personal
nature, etc). We're setting up a core team alias, and any non-public
stuff can go there instead (but this should be the exception rather
than the rule!)

More soon!

Jonathan

--