[ogdcamp] Welcome to new members!

Martin Kaltenböck m.kaltenboeck at semantic-web.at
Sat Jul 9 15:06:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Thomas (Thurner) and I (Martin Kaltenböck) are working here in Austria (OGD Austria initiative - http://opendata.at)
to push the open gov data topic forward as far as possible - we are working on this since ~ 15 months now
and first success was the launch of the open data portal of the City of Vienna in May2011 - City of Linz
will follow in October 2011 and we are in intense contacts & discussions with the federal government at the moment to
develop 1st guidelines for the Austrian Open Data Strategy here....maybe a national catalogue will be published this year..

Furthermore we are working for the Semantic Web Company Vienna (http://www.semantic-web.at) and thereby we are working together
with the OKFN in the LOD2 project (http://lod2.eu) - where linked data will be used for several issues on publicdata.eu...
So we will organise & co-ordinate several linked open (government) data workshops & hack-sessions in Warsaw beside other things....

Looking forward to working together with you to make the Warsaw Camp big success - cheer from sunny Vienna!

Martin

--
| Martin Kaltenböck, CMC
| Managing Director - Semantic Web Company (SWC)
| Lerchenfelder Guertel 43, A - 1160 Vienna, Austria
| Tel +43.1.402 12 35 - 25 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| http://www.semantic-web.at
| http://blog.semantic-web.at
| http://www.ogd2011.at