[ok-cam-announce] Cambridge Open Knowledge Meetup: 7pm 13th February 2008 at Emmanuel College

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jan 29 11:36:21 UTC 2008

Dear All,

After a slight fallow period the Cambridge Copynights are being reborn
in a new, and slightly more formal, guise as "Cambridge Open Knowledge
Meetups". The first of these is scheduled for Wednesday 13th of February
at Emmanuel College (more details below). Hope to see you there and
please circulate this announcement to any lists of individuals you think
would be interested.

Regards,

Rufus Pollock and Francis Irving

## Cambridge Open Knowledge Meetup

when: Wednesday 13th February 2008, 1900-2100
where: Harrods Room, Emmanuel College, Cambridge

### More Information

Are you interested in the social, legal and technological issues related
to Open Knowledge? Ever wondered about how things like "Open Access" and
"Open Source" could be relevant to you. If so come along to the
"Cambridge Open Knowledge Meetup" to hear updates about recent
developments, discuss and debate the problems and potential of open
approaches to knowledge creation.

The focus at these events is on open discussion though we do start out
with some (brief) presentations. At this first event we'll be hearing from:

* Rufus Pollock, Emmanuel College and the Open Knowledge Foundation - on
discovering and installing open knowledge packages using CKAN.

* Francis Irving of PublicWhip.org and mySociety - on freeing Government
data, and travel-time maps.

* Jim Downing of the Unilever Cambridge Centre for Molecular Informatics
- on Open Source and Open Acces in Chemistry.

Generally, we're pretty open about the programme so if you'd like to
give a brief talk or update on something you've been working on or
thinking about please just write to us and we can try and slot you in.