[ok-cambridge] Fancy explaining OKFN to palaeontologists? [help needed]

Ross Mounce ross.mounce at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:44:53 UTC 2012

Dear Cambridge folk,

I've arranged for the Open Knowledge Foundation to have a free stall at an
upcoming palaeontology conference to be held in Cambridge on Thursday 24th
May: http://www.palass.org/modules.php?name=propal&page=81

Would anyone be able to help me setup the stall & discuss the OKFN's
activities with conference participants on the day?

The conference (Progressive Palaeontology) is mostly for young PhD student
palaeontologists to showcase their work in a friendly environment and
network with their peers. Approx. ~60 attendants perhaps, but potentially
an excellent place to get new people involved with the OKFN. Most will
never have heard of us, but might well be interested in what we do.

Knowledge of OKFN's science/academia initiatives would be great but not
strictly necessary.
Just enthusiasm & free time required :)

Hours: 9am - 2pm    (perhaps bring a laptop to keep yourself entertained in
the lull periods...)
Place: Cambridge University, Department of Earth Sciences

Please let me know ASAP if you think you can help out, I'd be very grateful

Best,

Ross

--
Ross Mounce