[ok-london-announce] Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon) in London on 24th April 2010
jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Apr 14 18:28:04 UTC 2010
A quick reminder that this year's Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon) is
taking place in London on 24th April 2010 - in 10 days time! There are
still tickets left - and you can register at the following link:
Speakers and sessions include:
* 'State of the Nation' Keynotes:
- Matthias Schindler, Wikimedia (Germany) on 'Bibliographic Data
and the Public Domain'
- Glyn Moody, on the 'Post-Analogue World'
- Peter Murray-Rust, on 'Recent Developments in Open Science'
- Chris Taggart, on 'Open Local Government Data'
- Sören Auer, on 'Linked Open Data'
- Jordan Hatcher, on 'Open Licensing for Data'
* Ideas and Culture with talks on analyzing 'Dickens Letters' and
'Making the Physical from the Digital'
* Open Bibliographic Information with talks on 'The Itinerant Poetry
Library' and the 'Journal Commons'
* Community Driven Research with talks on 'Climate data' and 'Open
* Civic Information with talks on 'Using Open Government Data to
Profile Politicians' and the 'Straight Choice'
* Open Government Data and PSI in the EU which looks at the current
state of play in France, Norway, Germany, the UK and elsewhere
* Tools with talks on 'Large-scale data handling and revisioning'
with the Genome, Ontowiki, CKAN and more
* Open Data and the Semantic Web with talks about South Korean
DBPedia and Thesaurus Management Tool ‘Pool Party’
* Open Data in International Development including talks from
PublishWhatYouFund and on OpenStreetMap in Haiti
Further details are available at:
* Main conference page: http://www.okfn.org/okcon/
* FAQ: http://www.okfn.org/okcon/faq
If you have any questions please email Sara Wingate-Gray at sara.gray at okfn.org.
We look forward to seeing people there!
All the best,
The Open Knowledge Foundation
More information about the ok-london