[ok-london-announce] OpenDRI Deployment Manager position in The World Bank's GFDRR Labs team

Sarah Johns sarah.johns at plan-international.org
Fri Aug 5 08:52:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

> Apologies for cross-posting if anyone also subscribes to crisis-mappers.
> Thought you might be interested in this email (below). Deadline is 19 August.
> Please contact Robert for the complete TOR. The duties/criteria for selection
> are as follows:
>
> Duties and Accountabilities:
>
> Under the direct supervision of Robert Soden, the incumbent will report to
> Stuart Gill. S/he will be responsible for:
> 1. OpenDRI Outreach: Work within the Bank regions and government partners to
> build the case for sharing disaster and climate data; develop partnerships.
>
> 2. Deployment Assistance: Help locate in-country institutions to host OpenDRI
> deployments, assist with the design of data management and sharing regimes,
> expedite project design and management in partnership with World Bank regions.
>
> 3. Open Development Community: Play an active role in the growth of the Open
> Development community around OpenDRI. Identify potential partners and
> cultivate relationships. Facilitate exchanges within the deployment community
> around usage of the GeoNodes and feature requests.
>
> 4. Random Hacks of Kindness (RHoK): Represent the World Bank¹s DRM community
> within the RHoK community and internal Bank partnership
>
> 5. OpenDRI Help Desk: Act as a resource to projects seeking to open their
> disaster and climate data.
>
> 6. GFDRR Labs Team: Provide ad hoc support to the GFDRR Labs team on an as
> needed basis.
>
> Selection Criteria:
> · At least two years of experience working in the international development
> field
> · Strong communications skills, ability to lead trainings and give effective
> presentations
> · Familiarity with GIS tools and data
> · Experience with cartography and/or graphic design desired
> · Experience managing Linux-based systems desired
> · Fluent in English, preferably also fluent in French or Spanish
> · Master¹s Degree in a related field, coursework in disaster risk management
> and humanitarian response
> helpful but not required.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sarah

http://plan-international.org/learnwithoutfear
Around the world 350 million children are affected by school violence every year.
Click on this banner to make it STOP.

Any opinions expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the sender only and do not necessarily represent the views of Plan. Internet communications are not secure and Plan accepts no responsibility for the content of this e-mail.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to whom the message is addressed. The information may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in relation to it.

For the content of this e-mail to be contractually binding, it must be signed by an authorised representative of Plan.

Plan Limited

A Limited Company Registered in England No. 03001663.

Registered Office: Chobham Hse, Christchurch Way, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6JG

Plan Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Plan International, Inc.

(a not-for-profit corporation registered in New York State, USA)