[ok-london-announce] OpenStreetMap pub meet-up tomorrow night + hack weekend 26th/27th

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 12:44:29 UTC 2011

There's an OpenStreetMap pub meet-up tomorrow night at the Monkey Puzzle near Paddington:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/London/Winter_2011-2012_Pub_Meetup

A series of London pub meet-ups over the winter 2011-2012. These events are free and open to all. It's just a pub. We're not doing any mapping, or any other
strange OpenStreetMap rituals (that's only in the summer) We normally have a mixture of old OpenStreetMap hands and new people coming along to find out more. We'll just be sitting around having a friendly chat about little things like freeing the world's geo-data. We hope you'll join us! Everyone and anyone is welcome.

Also on the OpenStreetMap London calendar, we'll be running a hack weekend  Nov 26th and 27th
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/London/London_Hack_Weekend_Nov_2011
An OpenStreetMap "hack weekend" is a meet-up where we bring along laptops to an office space and spend the weekend doing some technical work in and around OpenStreetMap. This may be development of the "core" components, the website, the editors, or any other side projects and pet projects we fancy hacking on. The project has development tasks sprouting from it in all directions. There's work to do almost in any programming language, as well as tasks like documentation, and even some non-technical graphics design and translation tasks. We can also help with your separate *use* of OpenStreetMap, if you come along with problems you need help with. We mostly take a fairly unstructured free-form format. People turn up and start beavering away on something, or they turn up and see what they can help with. However there will also be tutorial sessions, and you can suggest topic you're interested in.

Harry Wood
http://harrywood.co.uk