[ok-london-announce] Report on open data consultations workshop

Javier Ruiz Diaz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Wed Oct 5 10:19:59 UTC 2011

Earlier this week dozens of people from the loose open data movement gathered in London to discuss the current government consultations on this policy area. Open Rights Group had organised these workshops to present the policy proposals and our initial views, but also to gather feedback from the community. The main message we took home is that the Public Data Corporation in is current shape is widely perceived as a missed opportunity and huge step backwards, while the Making Open Data Real paper got a much more nuanced response.

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2011/open-data-community-public-data-corporation