[ok-scotland] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] Guidelines for starting a project with / bringing a project to OKFN?

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 08:12:34 UTC 2010

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [okfn-discuss] Guidelines for starting a project with /
bringing a project to OKFN?
To: rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Cc: Open Knowledge Foundation discussion list <okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>

Thank Jo and Rufus

i suppose as  the scope of OK projects  broadens and widens it may influence
also the way the foundation
develops its governance and administrative structure,

from the evolution Jo outlined it looks growth has been organic
which sometimes happens, and what worked in the past may not work in the
future

Id be interested to learn more about financing, management and decision
making processes
in addition to transparency, I would aim to ensure co-self-governance
mechanism, etc

For example, to proceed with one or two ideas that we started discussing do
I need to inform the board, or just keeping in the loop one or two or three
board members is enough (for example)?

And all those CKAN technology questions/points we discussed, who can
answer/address them?

What administrative/contractual arrangements are in place with the
funding/management of the various projets you listed
(what kind of agreements does OK enters into?I presume no single one
arrangement but ad hoc, but thats a guess)

etc

As in all participatory projects, i would be interested to see the input
from OK community members on how to go about things
especially those with experience or knowledge of managing  large distributed
networked initiatives

I take the opportunity to circulate a link that brings up some interesting
possibly relevant points for discussion

The Tyranny of Structurelessness -
http://www.bopsecrets.org/CF/structurelessness.htm

Jo - I am mainly interested in any board minutes discussions that may have
included some discussion about Scotland,
and yes, a minimal write up of all the stuff in your mail plus minutes of
board meetings surely could help understand how
OK works and how to engage with it

Look forward to be sharing ideas

PDM