[ok-edinburgh] Questions about logistics for Inspace May 13th

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Mon May 10 15:34:21 UTC 2010

dear Ronnie,

Hoping to catch you on the phone - I have a few logistics related
questions about Inspace on Thursday, and Mark Daniels thought it best to
contact you already - perhaps you've already spoken?

1) The use of the side screens for slides. We would like to use three
simultaneous screens in the breaks. Mark mentioned it may be possible to
use computers already installed in Inspace, rather than bring our own to
connect up to projectors. Is this possible?

2) We should confirm with those people who offered a slide presentation
exactly what requirements are upon them - is 1024*768 a recommended
resolution for the side wall - if we're able to use the Inspace
computers for this, are there format requirements (ppt, pdf etc)

3) Will it be possible to have a technician there or nearby on call
during the day, in case we have any technical issues with the screens.
Whether or not we have a kindly technical body, can we arrange a visit
to Inspace either tomorrow or Wednesday, to try out the side screens and
think about use of the space.

4) Can there be a few chairs available - we have one presenter who is
mobility-restricted and needs a chair while talking.

5) There was a mention of cushions available for the main sitting steps
- are there just a few, or cushions for the whole steps?

Okay, that's about enough questions for now; sorry to miss you on the
phone and i will try to call again earlyish tomorrow.

Thanks,

jo