[ok-edinburgh] Open Knowledge Scotland

stuart macdonald stuart.macdonald at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 10 16:13:22 UTC 2010

Paola - many thanks for your prompt response. We don't envisage any
lenthening of the slots. The schedule is fairly tight as it is with Q&A
sessions being coupled in with comfort breaks. So I guess any spare
minutes that we find ourselves with we'd most likely allocate to the
Q&A's in order to further encourage lively debate. Yes, feel free to
forward the slides. One last question, are you a MAc or PC user?

cheers
Stuart

On 10/05/2010 16:54, Paola Di Maio wrote:
> Stuart
> thanks for the opportunity to share some ideas -
>
> yes I am preparing for 7 mins , but if the slot lenghtens I can extend
> by a few mins, so please let me know
> at least one day in advance if I have more than 7 mins
>
> I ll probably like to send you in advance my slides so that you can
> load them onto the presentation machine
> and I dont have to mess around with the memory stick between talks
>
> I recommend from prior experience to have all slides preloaded if use,
> they can eat anything upwards of a minute
> each to load one by one

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:37 PM, stuart macdonald
> <stuart.macdonald at ed.ac.uk <mailto:stuart.macdonald at ed.ac.uk>> wrote:
>

>     Dear All,
>
>     Many thanks for signing up to give a 7 minute lightning talk at
>     the OK Scotland
>     event to be held in Inspace at the Informatics Forum, University of
>
>     Edinburgh on 13 May 2010.
>
>     This is a reminder to ask you to respond to the following
>     questions in order for us to establish
>     the final programme:
>

>     1. Do you still intend to give a lightning talks?
>
>     If yes,
>
>     2. Please provide the title for the talk that will be posted on
>     the wiki
>     (http://wiki.okfn.org/okscotland#preview) and the EventBrite space.
>
>     3. Any technical requirements (incl. operating system, using
>     powerpoint/prezi etc)?
>
>     4. Do you have any other special requirements?
>
>     SHOULD YOU BE UNABLE TO ATTEND PLEASE LET US KNOW AS WE HAVE A
>     GROWING WAITING LIST.
>

>     We look forward to hearing from you.
>
>     regards
>     Stuart Macdonald
>     on behalf of the OK Scotland team
>
>     EDINA&  Data Library,
>     University of Edinburgh
>

>     --
>     The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
>     Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
>

> --
> Paola Di Maio
> “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
> Albert Einstein

Stuart Macdonald
EDINA&  Data Library, University of Edinburgh

0131 650 3304 (Tu&  Th)
0131 651 1744 (M, W, F)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.