[ok-scotland] Information Visualisation and 'Really Useful' Data workshop, Wednesday afternoon
ewan.klein at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:35:56 UTC 2013
Wednesday 15th, 12:30pm - 4:00pm. Godfrey Thompson Hall, Moray House, University of Edinburgh.
Free afternoon workshop - refreshments provided
• Do you work with a community group that is involved in education?
• Do you have a public education / campaigning agenda?
• Are you interested in making use of digital technology?
The Institute for Education, Community and Society at the University of Edinburgh is offering an afternoon workshop of learning and collaborative research. The afternoon is organised to provide:
• an overview of information visualisation and linked data trends
• orientation about sources of visualisations and pertinent data
• time for participants to identify and share existing information visualisations and data relevant to a particular community group or
social/ environmental justice issue
• discussions and visioning about how visualisations can be used in future community education initiatives
Participants will learn about innovative and effective ways to communicate facts and figures and contribute to a collaborative project to find ‘really useful data’ - facts and statistics that would be more useful if presented graphically or pictorially.
For enquiries about content, or general enquiries, please contact john at thisequals.net
To book a place please email Jo.law at ed.ac.uk or call 0131 651 6019
More information about the ok-scotland