[ok-scotland] Linked Data Interest Group - Aberdeen 12th January.

Ian Watt IANW at aberdeencity.gov.uk
Tue Jan 6 13:56:44 UTC 2015

All,

I'd draw your attention to the Linked Data Interest Group meeting in Aberdeen on Monday 12th January:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/4th-scottish-linked-data-interest-group-workshop-tickets-14950164344

The current agenda is:

11:00   11:10   Welcome and Introduction
11:10   11:30   Scottish Open Data Strategy -- Tabitha Stringer (Scottish Government)
11:30   11:50   WhatTheySaid: Enriching UK Parliament Debate with Linked Data -- Yunjia Li (Southampton University)
11:50   12: 10  LD 101: What is Linked Data? -- Bill Roberts (Swirrl), Jeff Z. Pan (University of Aberdeen)
12:10   12:30   Using the CURIOS System in the Hebridean Connections Web Site -- Tristan ap Rheinallt (Hebridean Connections)
12:30   12:50   CURIOS: Lessons Learnt and Opportunities for a Linked Data Eco-system  -- Hai Nguyen (University of Aberdeen)
12:50   13:15   Discussion
13:15   14:00   Lunch
14:00   14:20   Scottish Government Statistics as Linked Data -- David Duncan-Fraser (Scottish Government), Bill Roberts (Swirrl)
14:20   14:40   IBM Watson and Linked Data -- Marco Monti (IBM)
14:40   15:00   Summarisation based Linked Data Visualisation -- Honghan Wu (University of Aberdeen)
15:00   15:20   Using Linked Data in House of Care -- Tim Warren (Alliance Scotland)
15:20   15:40   Sherlock: a Semi-Automatic Quiz Generation System using Linked Data -- Dong Liu (BBC), Chenghua Lin (University of Aberdeen)
15:40   16:00   Semantic Search of Linked Data by Abduction -- Jianfeng Du (Guangdong University of Foreign Study)
 16:00  16:20    Discussion

I hope that you can make it!

Regards

Ian

Ian Watt
e-Government Manager

e-Government Team
Customer Service and Performance
Corporate Governance Service
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 17, Third Floor North
Marischal College
Broad Street
Aberdeen,
AB10 1AB

Email ianw at aberdeencity.gov.uk
Direct Dial 01224 522830
Direct Fax 01224 523571

Tel 01224 522000
http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/ianwatt1

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail (including any attachment to it) is confidential, protected by copyright and may be privileged. The information contained in it should be used for its intended purposes only. If you receive this email in error, notify the sender by reply email, delete the received email and do not make use of, disclose or copy it. Whilst we take reasonable precautions to ensure that our emails are free from viruses, we cannot be responsible for any viruses transmitted with this email and recommend that you subject any incoming email to your own virus checking procedures. Unless related to Council business, the opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and they do not necessarily constitute those of Aberdeen City Council. Unless we expressly say otherwise in this email or its attachments, neither this email nor its attachments create, form part of or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Aberdeen City Council's incoming and outgoing email is subject to regular monitoring.