[ok-scotland] Fwd: Future Libraries Product Forge 13-16th Oct at CodeBase

Allan Lloyds allan at productforge.io
Fri Oct 7 13:34:15 UTC 2016

Hi folks

Excited to announce that we're running a hackathon next week at CodeBase on
the topic of libraries: https://productforge.io/events/future-libraries-
product-forge/

Libraries are evolving and responding to their user’s needs with e-lending,
wifi and digital access, co-working and maker spaces. What ideas do you
have for the library of the future? Participants form small
cross-functional teams to work on a product prototype over a weekend with
support from industry experts at the Scottish Libraries and Information
Council and the Carnegie UK Trust.

We've got some (not previously seen) library management system open data
sets and we'll be running workshops on open data, mobile technology, and
lean agile storyboarding.

Product Forge is an event for designers, entrepreneurs and library
professionals as well as software engineers. Our goal is to encourage
library professionals and service users to work side by side to prototype
new ideas over the course of the whole weekend. If you're unsure how best
to contribute please get in touch.

We've set up the code OKFN for £5 off the usual full weekend ticket price -
as usual we charge to cover catering costs and reduce the rate of no-shows.
Tickets include meals, mentoring, workshops, and 24 hour access to the
venue. And remember - you own the IP to whatever you build at the event.

More details and registration at:
https://productforge.io/events/future-libraries-product-forge/

Any queries, please feel free to email me off-list!

Allan

--

Product Forge <http://productforge.io> ®
Product Forge Ltd is a company registered in Scotland with company number