[okfn-advisory] Research track at OKCON 2010

Christopher Corbin corbinceh at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 4 13:15:59 UTC 2009

Hi Sören

I am not really affiliated to any organisation as I am really retired but
still active in a small way.  However I am an advisor to the European Public
Sector Information Platform and I make contributions on and off to that
platform so it would it be good to show me as affiliated to the platform and
perhaps the UK Advisory Board on Public Sector Information (APPSI) where I
am the European expert!

I will check the call for papers and come back to you if I may as to whether
there needs to be any additional items to draw people interested in the
re-use of public sector information.

Under PSI Re-use research there are several strands not just technical some
of the important ones are related to funding of public sector information
and how to ensure its sustainability.  This is particularly important in
austere times such as much of Europe finds itself in now.

There is near to operational research for example a number of organisations
both public and private are investing in research to establish new cost
effective methods of opening up public sector information and to create,
maintain and sustain data discovery services.

Chris