[okfn-advisory] Research track at OKCON 2010

John Wilbanks wilbanks at creativecommons.org
Tue Aug 4 14:26:12 UTC 2009

I'm happy to be involved with a science stream or the programme
committee. It's unlikely I'll be able to attend but if I can help along
the way please count me in.

Jonathan Gray wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Christopher
> Corbin<corbinceh at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> I would be happy to assist and possibly run the PSI research stream.
>
> Brilliant news! Thanks Chris!
>
> Would any other Advisory Board members be interested in being involved
> with an science research stream? (In particular: Tim Hubbard, Peter
> Murray-Rust, or John Wilbanks?)
>
> Peter Suber: what do you think about an open access stream?
>
>> Maximising the value of PSI
>> http://www.epsiplatform.eu/news/maximising_the_value_of_psi
>>
>> Since the posting I have been contacted by the Secretariat of KMAfrica
>> asking for suggestions as to how we in Europe could assist African nations.
>>  I am wondering whether members of the Advisory Board feel OFKN could assist
>> in some way.  What do you think?
>
> I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about this and how it
> goes! I wonder whether we could invite someone from KMAfrica onto our
> Working Group for Open Knowledge in Development?
>
>  http://wiki.okfn.org/wg/development
>
> Warm regards,

John Wilbanks

VP for Science, Creative Commons
http://creativecommons.org
http://sciencecommons.org
http://neurocommons.org

"We make sharing easy, legal, and scalable."