[okfn-advisory] Advisory Board Meeting tomorrow

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Jul 5 10:32:47 UTC 2011

The concerns are understood, another option is to give the AB a private
alias on which to discuss sensitive matters. I'd hope that any advice
occurring would be intended for the whole OKF community not just the Board
or the core team. Feels silly to write things that I cant subsequently link
to, about non-sensitive matters. (Here I define sensitive as involving
unsigned contracts, uncertain sums of money, and anything that would affect
someone's employment situation)

Hugh Barnard once told me "there is too much advice in this world" and I do
very much intend to be quiet for a while and try to take stock in a few
months...

On 5 Jul 2011 11:17, "Rufus Pollock" <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

On 4 July 2011 10:56, Jo Walsh <jo at frot.org> wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 23:24, Lucy Chambers wrote:

That would be very useful.

> The notes show a renewed commitment to delegating more of the *strategic
> direction* of OKF to a...
This is an interesting question. At the moment the archives are
closed, the logic being that Advisory Board members should be able to
offer their advice freely (and be consulted freely) without having to
worry that these discussions would be publicly viewable. I think this
is important esp re being able to be candid about e.g. other orgs,
strategy etc (and this is why advisory list has generally been closed
at other organizations I've seen).

This may be a less relevant concern here and we'd of course be happy
to change this if AB members wish the archives to be open but the
original setting of list archives as private was not an accidental
default.

> be well all, won't make this evening's meeting but will look forward to
> future ones.
:-)

Rufus