[okfn-advisory] CONFIDENTIAL - An Upcoming Leadership Transition at Open Knowledge

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Sep 18 14:04:24 UTC 2014

Dear Advisory Council Members,

We wanted to give you some advance notice about an important organisational
change at Open Knowledge (Please note the following is confidential until
we put up a public announcement on our blog later today).

After 3 years with Open Knowledge, Laura, our CEO, has decided to move on
to new challenges. As a result of this change we will be seeking to recruit
a new senior executive to lead Open Knowledge as it continues to evolve and
grow.

As you may know, Laura James joined us to support the organisation as we
scaled up, and stepped up to the CEO role in 2013. It has always been her
intention to return to her roots in engineering at an appropriate juncture,
and she feels this is the right time as the organisation is in a good place
to recruit a new, strong leader - but she will be sorely missed.

There will be no change in my role (as President and founder) and I will be
here both to continue to help lead the organisation and to work closely
with the new appointment going forward. Laura  will remain in post,
continuing to manage and lead the organisation, assisting with the
recruitment and bringing the new senior executive on board.

Laura has made an immense contribution and we have been privileged to have
her on board. At the same time we look forward to recruiting someone
equally as outstanding to help lead us into our next decade.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with
myself or Laura. We will be sharing further updates as we have them and
keeping everyone informed about the process.

All the best,

Rufus
--

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock
<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open Knowledge <http://okfn.org/> - see

The Open Knowledge Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation.  It is
incorporated in England & Wales as a company limited by guarantee, with
company number 05133759.  VAT Registration № GB 984404989. Registered
office address: Open Knowledge Foundation, St John’s Innovation Centre,
Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WS, UK.