[okfn-advisory] Fwd: Strategy Refinement Draft

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Apr 2 17:27:27 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Attached is a the current draft of the strategy refinement. It is still
unfinished - for example, we plan to add descriptions for "products" along
with outcomes and outputs for each. This is a *refinement* of our existing
strategy - it is not intended to add anything or set off in a radical new
direction. Comments are very welcome (I can provide editable versions of
these docs if people want if an email thread does not work).

Refining our strategy so that is more focused and provides clearer and
stronger guidance for activities in the near-term has been a priority and
one flagged by many different people.

The current draft aims to be tighter and more coherent providing:

   -

   a framework in which to situate many of our existing activities
   -

   clear qualifying criteria for new projects than any one of us could
   apply - building greater shared, consistent, understanding of
   prioritization and enabling greater delegation around project selection and
   execution
   -

   a more disciplined and focused approach to funding

As is highlighted in the document, this strategy does not cover Open
Knowledge Services (though it does cover e.g. CKAN Association). Work on a
separate strategy document for Services will likely be a near-term priority.

Regards,

Rufus
--

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | skype: rufuspollock | @rufuspollock