[okfn-announce] After the Open Data and Semantic Web Workshop

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Fri Nov 20 13:50:44 UTC 2009

Last week we had a workshop on Open Data and the Semantic Web in
London. There were some excellent talks, demos and discussions - and
documentation is now online!

As a result of discussions we had at the workshop, we now have two new
volunteer positions at the Open Knowledge Foundation. If you’re
interested in either of these positions, please get in touch.

   1. Editor for Linking Open Data Group on CKAN. As we announced a
few weeks ago, we now have a Linking Open Data Group
(http://www.ckan.net/group/lod) on CKAN, our open source registry of
open data. We are looking for someone to help keep the collection of
datasets up to date with the latest offerings from the LOD/semantic
web community!

   2. LOD/ODC Community Liason. Open Data Commons
(http://www.opendatacommons.org/) are looking for an member of the
LOD/Semantic Web community to join their Open Data Commons Advisory
Council with their role being to exchange information between the two
communities (e.g., explaining about open data licensing to LOD
community and taking licensing questions from community back to Open
Data Commons).

A big thank you to Talis for sponsoring the event, to the London
Knowledge Lab for donating the venue, and, of course to everyone who
came and participated!

Links to photos, videos and slides can be found at:

  http://blog.okfn.org/2009/11/20/after-the-open-data-and-semantic-web-workshop/

Warm regards,

--
Jonathan Gray