[okfn-announce] Announcement: OGDCamp, OKCon and the Open Knowledge Festival 2012 in Helsinki

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at okfn.org
Tue Feb 7 13:54:24 UTC 2012

You may have noticed from the buzz on the Web that the OKFN shared quite an
announcement this morning. On September 17-22 this year, global communities
will be descending on the shores of Helsinki for a week-long celebration
called the Open Knowledge Festival <http://okfestival.org/> – and you’re
the first to be invited!

For this festival – the first of its kind in the world – we are bringing Open
Government Data Camp
<http://okfestival.org/open-government-data-camp/> (OGDCamp)
and Open Knowledge
Conference<http://okfestival.org/open-knowledge-conference/> (OKCon)
to the same place to provide new opportunities for collaboration. We’ll
start the week by supporting practitioners working in the fields of open
government and municipal data, and end it by exploring the diversity of
open knowledge initiatives from a global perspective. The organising team,
a talented gathering of Finns and leaders from around the world, are
already hard at work planning a busy week of seminars, workshops, lectures,
hackathons, keynotes, coding jams and interactive media sessions that will
bring together participants from a wide variety of backgrounds in new ways.

Most importantly, we want your ideas to be highlighted at OKFest. We are
currently looking for proposals regarding sessions, satellite events,
research streams, hackathons, lecture topics and other forms of
collaboration. Have a great project or idea that you want to share with the
global community? This is the place to do it. Join our public discussion
list and say hello
here<http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfestival-coord> and
start finding collaborators on Twitter using the hashtag
#okfest<https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/okfest>
.

We look foward to seeing you in Helsinki, Finland this September for a week
of new friends, open knowledge and global inspiration with a Nordic twist!
For details about OKFest, see our blog post here <http://shar.es/fA8jj>.
And apologies for any cross-posts - we're quite excited today!