[OKFN - Austria] Slide Show (S9) v3.0 - Write Talks / Presentations in Text w / Markdown - Many Themes (S5, S6, deck.js, impress.js, etc.)

Gerald Bauer gerald.bauer at gmail.com
Mo Apr 4 07:44:09 UTC 2016

Hello,
   Thanks for highlighting reveal.js.

    Adolfo Villafiorita from the University of Trento (in Italy) and
the Fondazione Bruno Kessler has put together a reveal.js template
pack [1] for Slide Show (S9).

>  (also supports markdown)

   Why Slide Show (S9) markdown support is "better" ;-) ?  If you use
the reveal.js markdown support than you have to write the markdown
*inside* the reveal.js html template (basically you're "locked" in).

   If you use S9 you write your "plain" markdown file - works with any
HTML template pack - and than generate the presentation e.g.  $
slidesshow build welcome -t reveal.js.  Also "free standing" markdown
files can get rendered as is (see my talk repos as a humble example
[2]) or published as Word (DOCX), PDF, ODF, etc.

  Cheers.

[1] https://github.com/avillafiorita/slideshow-reveal.js
[2] https://github.com/geraldb/talks     (Open Access, Open Science!)