[OK-AT] WikiCite '17 in Wien

Stefan Kasberger stefan.kasberger at okfn.at
Mo Feb 13 18:56:22 UTC 2017

Hallo,

anbei eine Einladung zur Wikicite '17 in Wien.

Grüße, Stefan

============================
Dear all,

I am happy to announce that applications to attend WikiCite ‘17
officially open today <https://goo.gl/forms/Kb9Wl6Xfw2EmFqEr2>.

About the event

WikiCite 2017 <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiCite_2017>is a 3-day
conference, summit and hack day to be hosted in Vienna, Austria, on May
23-25, 2017. It expands on efforts started last year at WikiCite 2016
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiCite_2016/Report>to design a
central bibliographic repository, as well as tools and strategies to
improve information quality and verifiability in Wikimedia projects.

Our goal is to bring together Wikimedia contributors, data modelers,
information and library science experts, software engineers, designers
and academic researchers who have experience working with Wikipedia's
citations and bibliographic data.

WikiCite 2017 will be a venue to:

  *

    Day 1. (Conference) – present progress on existing work and
    initiatives for citations and bibliographic data across Wikimedia
    projects

  *

    Day 2. (Summit) – discuss technical, social, outreach and policy
    directions

  *

    Day 3. (Hack) – get together to build, based on new ideas and
    applications

More information on the event can be found here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiCite_2017>:

How to apply

Participation for this year's event is limited to 100 individuals. In
order to be considered for participation, please fill out the following
form <https://goo.gl/forms/Kb9Wl6Xfw2EmFqEr2>and provide us with some
information about yourself, your interests, and expected contribution.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE FINAL REGISTRATION FORM. Your application
will be reviewed and the organizing committee will extend an invitation
by March 10, 2017. This application form is to determine the best mix of
attendees. Not everyone who applies will receive an invitation, but
there will be a waitlist.

Important dates

  *

    February 9, 2017: applications open

  *

    February 27, 2017: applications close, waitlist opens

  *

    March 10, 2017: all final notifications of acceptance are issued,
    waitlist processing begins

  *

    March 31, 2017: attendee list is finalized

Travel support

Like last year, limited funding to cover travel costs of prospective
participants will be available. Requests for travel support should be
submitted via the application form
<https://goo.gl/forms/Kb9Wl6Xfw2EmFqEr2>. We will confirm by March 10,
if we can provide you with travel support.

Contact

For any question, you can contact the organizing committee via:
wikicite at wikimedia.org <mailto:wikicite at wikimedia.org>

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna!

The WikiCite 2017 organizing committee

Dario Taraborelli

Jonathan Dugan

Lydia Pintscher