[OKFN-AU] Melbourne Meetups for 2013

David F. Flanders david.flanders at ands.org.au
Tue Dec 4 23:38:15 UTC 2012

A friendly reminder that we are having an informal get-together tonight at
4pm to discuss the starting-up of a monthly Melbourne meetup for 2013.

We will be at the Architects cafe in Niagarra Lane, discussing an outline
for the topics we'd like to discuss in 2013, ideally we'll brainstorm a
list of topics+expert who can speak on the topic.

For example we have Dr. Peter Murray Rust who sits on the Creative Common
Science board attending this evening, so hopefully a little preview of
having an expert give a talk and then seeing what discussion and actions
might arise from it, and what volunteers are willing to put forward their
time?

One of the key outcomes I would personally like to see from the Melbourne
meetups in 2013 is our contribution to a data Journalism newspaper article
in the Age or the like.

Though, this is just the tip of the Open iceberg, we would of course
welcome your ideas on who might be able to give a 15 minute talk on an
'Open Knowledge' topic, so please do participate virtually via the twitter
hashtag #okfnau or via this listerserv :)

~Flanders