[OKFN-AU] Introducing myself

Chris Sakkas sanglorian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:50:35 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm Chris, an Australian Arts/Law student on exchange in the Netherlands
until July. My interest is in the cultural side of the free, libre and open
movement, rather than data, hardware or software.

I have an interest in Creative Commons and the 4.0 version discussions (I
know Anne and Brian Fitzgerald are affiliated with CC as well, and I saw
Anne's CC presentation in Canberra last year). However, it worries me that
free culture's biggest advocate, Creative Commons, has a licence suite
dominated by non-free licences. I'd like to see a culture-focused free,
libre and open organisation arise, much like the FSF and OSI.

I look forward to working with you,

Chris

*Chris Sakkas
**Admin of the FOSsil Bank wiki <http://fossilbank.wikidot.com/> and the