[@OKFNau] Meet the data owners: VicRoads (Melb, Wed 11 Dec)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 05:29:51 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
  If you're in Melbourne next Wednesday night and interested in road and
traffic data, we're holding an interesting new kind of event called "Meet
the data owners", in conjunction with the Australian Computer Society. Data
experts from VicRoads will be coming to hear from you, the developers, data
wranglers and designers.

You can ask for live traffic data, traffic volumes, or any kind of detailed
statistics collected across our vast transportation network - or anything
else you can imagine. In return, pitch your ideas for the kinds  of cool
things you could create, if only the data were made available. This will
help VicRoads staff identify, assess and prioritise for release data sets
held in its internal systems.

If you can make it, please RSVP on the Meetup page:

http://www.meetup.com/Datahack-Melbourne/events/152600552/

Steve
OKFN Ambassador for Melbourne