[OKFN-AU] Opening up the OKFN list

David F. Flanders david.flanders at ands.org.au
Tue Mar 26 23:14:39 UTC 2013

Dear OKFN-ers,

I've been managing several email lists from the previous events we've had
in Melbourne (The Data Newsroom & #DataHack map).  I'd like to officially
invite the 200+ people who attended these events to join this listserv as
an open listserv so they too can announce any activity they are undertaking
in the name of opening more stuff up :)

NB I think we are starting to get some traction here in Melb with
additional groups branching off to take forward their own ideas, the
data.hack.map (TileMill Data Cartography)  event/course is something I
would like to repeat in other cities in partnership with anyone local who
would like to help host?  Blog post coming soon.

Of course, we are also very excited about GovHack and are already starting
to leverage TBLs visit to get people invited from around Victoria.

Hope you are all well.

Kind Regards,

Flanders