[@OKFNau] HealthHack Melbourne

Fiona Tweedie fiona.c.tweedie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 00:13:00 UTC 2013

Hello lovely Melbourne friends!

We've got an exciting event coming up at the end of October, a weekend long
hackathon bringing together medical researchers and people with clever
techy skills to tackle some real problems in health research.

Example problems include:
- I use multiple online data sets but I don't have a good way of knowing
when I have looked at all the available information. I'd like an intuitive
search panel that allows me to select exactly what I need, and report back
all the relevant results
- I generate vast quantities of data; I would like a visualisation panel
that lets me quickly and easily compare multiple data sets against each
other
- I regularly search for information about disease occurrence; I'd like a
tool that reports on aspects of previous research, e.g. statistical
significance, number of patients, number

Or you might just do an exploration of an interesting dataset without a
fixed goal. So if you are great at data visualisation, data management or
analytics (or have other great skills like data journalism and can coax the
story out of a dataset) we'd love to see you there!

You can find some more details here:
http://au.okfn.org/2013/09/21/healthhack/, and register here:
http://healthhackmelb.eventbrite.com.<http://healthhackmelb.eventbrite.com.au/>