[@OKFNau] Idea for OpenData Project : Computer Parts /, E-Waste Recycling

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jan 31 22:29:19 UTC 2014

On 28/01/2014, at 8:34 PM, "Mark Street" wrote:

> I have a couple of old Computers, Printers and Monitors which I want to dispose of ...

There is a list of drop-off points for the National Television and
Computer Recycling Scheme at: http://recyclingnearyou.com.au/ewastescheme/

The list is not easy to read and could do with a better interface.

For more on the origins of the scheme and alternatives (such charities
which refurbish old computers), see chapter 4 "Materials Use" in my
e-book "ICT Sustainability: Assessment and Strategies for a Low Carbon
Future": http://www.tomw.net.au/ict_sustainability/materials.shtml

ps: My on-line course "ICT Sustainability", starts at ANU mid February:
http://programsandcourses.anu.edu.au/course/COMP7310

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/