[@OKFNau] CKAN

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Sun Jun 15 08:58:14 UTC 2014

I'm keen on CKAN :)

I have a company that has added CKAN based services to provide a 'data
first' approach to website dev. It also helps that it provides support to
data.gov.au, data.nsw.gov.au and are also now working to rebuild
data.vic.gov.au on CKAN.

In fact, in currently in Singapore trying to pitch CKAN to the Govt here ;)

Anyhoo, my experience is mostly around the setup, extension and support of
the platform. There are two much more interesting areas in the CKAN world
which relate to automated data publishing via API at the record level, and
the API based read of the data...

What exactly are you interested in with relation to CKAN?

Cheers,
Steven

On Sunday, June 15, 2014, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering how much opportunity people have had to use CKAN?
>
> Cheers
> L.
>
> --
> The idea is that a beautiful image is frameable. Everything you need
> to see is there: It’s everything you want, and it’s very pleasing
> because there’s no extra information that you don’t get to see.
> Everything’s in a nice package for you. But sublime art is
> unframeable: It’s an image or idea that implies that there’s a bigger
> image or idea that you can’t see: You’re only getting to look at a
> fraction of it, and in that way it’s both beautiful and scary, because
> it’s reminding you that there’s more that you don’t have access to.
> It’s now sort of left the piece itself and it’s become your own
> invention, so it’s personal as well as being scary as well as being
> beautiful, which is what I really like about art like that.

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au