[@OKFNau] does your home have a smart meter? Are you on Github? Read on...

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 04:45:10 UTC 2014

Charlie,

What is the easiest way to get our provider to give us a copy of that data?

I ask because, in my cynicism, I presume they will evade and try to
not provide. Is there language I can use? Like:

"according to the Blah Act of Victorian Parliament in 2008, you are
required to give me this data on request..."

or some such?

cheers
L.

On 25 November 2014 at 15:17, charlie <charlie.h.ward at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I’ve started a very modest little project on Github relating to Australian
> smart meter data.  See
> https://github.com/charliedotau/Smart-Meter-File-Format-Examples-Aus
>
> I need your help.  If you have a smart meter, live in Australia and you’re
> on GitHub, I’d love your help in collating as many examples as possible of
> the different file formats used by Retailers and Distributors to supply
> their customers with their electricity usage data.
>
> More details in the link above.
>
> Thanks kindly
>
> Charlie
> http://what.agreenidea.org

You have to be really clever to come up with a genuinely dangerous
thought. I am disheartened that people can be clever enough to do that
and not clever enough to do the obvious thing and KEEP THEIR IDIOT
MOUTHS SHUT about it, because it is much more important to sound
intelligent when talking to your friends.
This post was STUPID.