[@OKFNau] New Open Data resource "HuNI" Launched with "Six Degrees of Separation of Edna Everage" competition

Anne Cregan anne.cregan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 04:01:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,
<https://huni.net.au>
I would like to announce the official launch today of the Humanities
Networked Infrastructure (HuNI <https://huni.net.au>) which you can find
at https://huni.net.au

*HuNI*(Humanities Networked Infrastructure) combines data from many
Australian cultural websites into the biggest humanities and creative
arts database ever assembled in Australia. HuNI data covers all
disciplines and brings together information about the people, works,
events, organisations and places that make up the country's rich
cultural landscape.

It presents data as an interactive network graph - have a quick squiz
here <https://huni.net.au/#/record/HuNI***Collection***22> and start
clicking on the icons in the graph.

It has been three years in the making and we are very proud to launch it
and invite the public to use it.  To get things started we have a
competition <http://www.deakin.edu.au/research/src/cmii/huni.php>
running until November 28 for the best "6 degrees of separation"
starting from the Edna Everage record
<https://huni.net.au/#/record/AustLit***person***A1572>.

The challenge is to start from Edna Everage and create 6 links
journeying through the HuNI data.

Details are here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/research/src/cmii/huni.php
The most interesting journey through the HuNI data wins.

For those of you technically inclined, HuNI has an API which is
described here: https://bitbucket.org/huniteam/documentation/wiki/API

The more links are created, the more interesting and valuable the HuNI
data becomes to everyone.

Happy linking!

Dr Anne Cregan-Wolfe
OK Board Member and HuNI Semantic Lead