[@OKau] After the hackathon: 4 classic recipe

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Apr 26 00:08:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 22:07:03 +1000, Pia Waugh wrote:

> The main benefits of community run hackfests are community development,
> skills, gov engagement, more open data, platform for people to show ...

Also hackfests create a sense of community, allowing people from
different sectors and organizations to discover shared interests.

ps: I will be discussing some of this in "Innovations in Teaching
Innovation", 27 April 2015, 4pm, CSIRO seminar room in the ANU CSIT
Building in Canberra: http://es.csiro.au/ir-and-friends/

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/