[@OKau] [@OKFNau] business case for open data projects

Keith Moss keithamoss at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 07:56:41 UTC 2015

Thanks - it was quite a few months of work by a dedicated wee group :)

We've also considered establishing a network of "Open Data Champions"
within agencies that could range between anything from a title (with no
power) for agency officers who are enthusiastic about open data right
through to an official position with responsibility for pushing and
reporting on open data within their agency.

Odds are it will start out at the former and may morph into the latter over
time as we entrench open data thinking in agencies and start to officially
report on more aspects of open data.

We're planning at least one workshop pre-GovHack for the officer-level
who'll actually have to implement all of our fine words. It'll focus on
day-to-day implementation, walk them through the process of selecting,
producing, and publishing good quality machine-readable data. Additionally,
hoping to include an aspect of "bring a dataset and we'll have some boffins
available to help you format it properly".

Beyond that - from memory - our implementation plan calls for similar
bi-annual workshops.

Cheers,

Keith