[@OKau] call for papers: linux (and other OS things) conf 2016 - OKau miniconf?

Matthew Cengia mattcen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 06:23:14 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-24 20:35, Maia Sauren wrote:
> yeah, that's fair enough matt. i know you're pretty busy.
>
> as clarification, the july 6 CFP is for a miniconf abstract submission -
> that is, a single abstract. the actual miniconf details, including
> individual abstracts, are worked out by the miniconf organiser and
> submitted by october.
>
> any takers?

I'm about to do something incredibely impulsive and stupid: I've started
writing an Open Knowledge miniconf CFP.

Here's what I've got so far:

> The Open Knowledge miniconf, organised with the help of members of Open
> Knowledge Australia (http://au.okfn.org/), will give people the
> opportunity to learn about many different aspects of openness:
>
> * Open Data
> * Open Government
> * Open Source Software
> * Open Journals
> * Open Maps
>
> And probably others too.

I've only spend 5 minutes on it so far, so there's more work to be done,
but I figured I'd send this through in case anybody wanted to suggest
stuff I'd missed so far.

I've *no* idea how I'm going to pull this off, but I'll be damned if I'm
going to let the opportunity slip past without giving it a shot. Any
feedback, input, suggestions, or help that anybody can offer would be
much appreciated!

--
Regards,
Matthew Cengia