[@OKau] NSW State Library Open Data Brainstorm April 30

Rosie Williams budgetaus at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:46:31 UTC 2015

Hi Steven,
I haven't really been involved other than to post it to the members of the meetup. Paula Bray from the state library and Alvaro Maz from Code for Australia seem to be the people who have put it together so I guess it is up to them.
I did watch the board meeting and it was very interesting although I was very tired at the time as I've been overdoing it a bit lately. I do recall the mention of making events OKN related but with this one it would not be up to me.
I am in the throes of organising both regular monthly hacks to support ongoing projects and a larger one off event to coincide more or less with the International Open Data un/conference at the end of May. I thought the regular meetups would provide an avenue for project ideas begun in the unconference.
I've been inviting people to join the list here to discuss that IOD event but I wanted to have a venue sorted before going into much detail about it.
I'm going to aim for 60 people for the one-off IOD event (as it might attract some people from interstate) and I'm planning it for Sat 23rd or Sat 30th.

Rosie Williams BA (Sociology)________________________________________

 NoFibs.com.au - Open Data Reporter InfoAus.net - Founder and Developer