[@OKau] Fwd: [liberationtech] Here's a pro bono satellite imagery project - what should we use it for?

Noon Silk noonslists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:56:18 UTC 2015

anyone got any ideas?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick Meier (iRevolution) <patrick at irevolution.net>
Date: Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Subject: [liberationtech] Here's a pro bono satellite imagery project -
what should we use it for?
To: liberationtech <liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu>

Dear All,

I will be doing some independent consulting work (starting next week) for
Crowd4Sat <http://www.crowd4sat.org/> (website still under development).
This project combines the power of citizen science with observations from
satellites.

My role is to identify compelling applications that will produce
data/analysis that is very much needed by humanitarian, development, human
rights, and/or public health, etc organizations. Once compelling
applications are identified, Crowd4Sat will obtain the necessary imagery,
customize a citizen science platform and invite digital volunteers to
analyze the imagery. The results will then be shared with the humanitarian,
development, human rights, etc, organizations that requested the
data/analysis.

I'd be grateful if you could email me directly (off list) if you know of a
compelling use case, or know of an organization that could take direct
advantage of this pro bono project to expand their impact.

Many thanks,
Patrick

---
@: PatrickMeier <https://twitter.com/PatrickMeier>, PhD