[@OKau] Transparency Through Technology: Evaluating Federal, Open-Government Initiatives

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Mar 7 21:05:37 UTC 2016

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 23:58:13 +0000 Rosie Williams wrote

> ... I'm developing courses to educate various audiences in open data....

Perhaps you could target the students of the new the Australian
Curriculum: Technologies and that would do for everyone else as well:
http://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/technologies/introduction

The University of Adelaide developed an on-line training course for
teachers. Perhaps there is something on open data and if not there
should be?
http://blogs.adelaide.edu.au/cser/the-cser-digital-technologies-moocs/

At 6 Mar 2016 11:41:23 +1100 Craig Thomler replied:

> Hi Rosie, Have you looked into the ODI courses and what ODI Qld is doing?

ODI offer a 13 part series of online courses, with a  Creative Commons
license: http://queensland.theodi.org/home/learning/courses/

I tried the first one "What is open data?", but all I got on my slow
wireless link was "loading":
http://www.europeandataportal.eu/elearning/en/module1/#/id/co-01

Perhaps a more efficient implementation is needed.

> Also there was a course run in Canberra through Finance by Pia &
> Steve which has materials online under CC that could be reused. ...

I sat in on one of the sessions at Finance. There was a lot of useful
content, but was not structured as a "course". However, that was some
years ago and I expect more has been done.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science, College of
Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University
http://people.cecs.anu.edu.au/user/3890 http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4799-8464