[@OKau] Building A Startup Doesn’t Make You Special

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:10:50 UTC 2016

We see a lot of this at OKFN, and I posted because I thought it was a good
critique of some of the magical thinking that is going around.
I hope you didn't think it applied to you in any way Rosie, if anything,
you epitomise the exact opposite - you have no interest in being a
squidillionaire, just to get paid. You do the hard work. You know it's a
business (even if you can't work out how ot make it pay, you aren't the
only one). Anyway, I was on the road, I read it, I thought it was a good
analysis of some parts of the milieu we find ourselves in.

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper