[@OKau] Call for applications » SMART Data Sprint 2019

Smart Inovamedialab smart.inovamedialab at fcsh.unl.pt
Wed Oct 3 08:57:11 UTC 2018

Hello okfn-au community,

I hope you find very well, I would like to share the event we are
organizing for the next January 2019. Here you are all in detail.

greetings,
*********************
Digital Media Winter Institute 2019 | iNova Media Lab
SMART Data Sprint: Beyond visible engagement
28 January - 1 February 2019 I  9:30 - 17:30
NOVA University Lisbon

Lisbon, Portugal

We are pleased to invite you to SMART Data Sprint 2019.

SMART Data Sprint is an intensive hands-on work, driven by online data
and digital methods. For one week participants will have the chance to
attend to keynote lectures, short talks, and parallel sessions of
practical labs. After that, experts and scholars will invite
participants to join projects and work in a collective problem.

We are pleased to announce that our keynote speaker is Richard Rogers
(University of Amsterdam), the director of Digital Methods Initiative
and the author of Digital Methods (MIT Press, 2013). An International
team of senior researchers, including Richard Rogers, and several
doctoral researchers will also be leading Short Talks and Practical
Labs*. This year, the practical labs will contemplate the following
themes:

» Query Design
» Data Extraction Tools
» Querying App Stores
» Network Analysis with Gephi
» Image Networks
» YouTube Data Analysis
» Text Analysis with Antconc and Voyant Tools
» Raw Graphs
» Visual content analysis with Image Plot

Deadline for applications: 13 January 2019

For further information, please access the link
http://inovamedialab.org/winter-institute-2019

Learn more about the data sprint approach in this video: #SMARTDataSprint

On behalf of the co-organizers, Janna Joceli Omena, Elsa Caetano and
Ana Marta Flores.

Best regards,

Cristian Ruiz