[okfn-be] EU Open Data / PSI Directive announcement on Monday

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:40:05 UTC 2011

Forwarding this message from Jonathan. Let's make some noise this
Monday. It's the directive we've all been waiting for :)

Pieter
------

Hi,

As you may be aware the European Commission is expected to make a
major announcement on Monday about the PSI Directive and the future of
open data in Europe. It would be great to use this as an opportunity
to make an impact and encourage more countries to open up their data:
at local, regional or national level.

If you know anyone in the public sector, in an open data advocacy
group, in the media, or in an NGO / company who might be interested in
this, please do spread the word about Monday's announcement. It would
be brilliant if there were a critical mass of people blogging/tweeting
positive encouragement or ideas about how the EU and European
countries could do more in this area.

Our community team will be around on Monday to respond to developments
via email and Twitter. I've also just written a short piece about this
for the Guardian Datablog with a bit of background:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/dec/09/freedomofinformation-free-our-data

All eyes on Monday!

Jonathan

--